Flu season is amongst us, but don’t fret, there are Natural Ways to fight off the Ugly Cold and Flu Virus. Many conventional over the counter medications will bandaid your symptoms and won’t attack the cause of your issue and can actually do more damage than good. If your someone who embraces the idea of healing with Natural foods, herbs and remedies then this article is exactly for you. So let’s dive right into 7 ways to naturally fight your cold and flu virus.
1. True Colloidal Silver in its Purest Silver form is antibacterial and anti viral. The Nano sized silver particles are a threat to bad bacteria. Some Hospitals use colloidal silver as a dressing for burn victims to speed up wound healing and our ancestors once put quarters in their milk to preserve it from spoiling. Colloidal silver is best to take when first signs of illness are present. You want to make sure you look for a good quality colloidal silver or make your own colloidal silver in the comfort of your own home.
2. Oil of Oregano is a natural cure for the cold and flu. It’s anti inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-parasitic. It’s 2 powerful properties carvacol and thymol is what’s makes oil of oregano so effective in fighting off viruses and bad bacteria. Find a good quality organic food grade oil of oregano and sprinkle a few drops in water a few times a day or take in capsule form.
3. Garlic is a powerful way to kill off bad microbes, funguses and viruses. Garlic is effective because it contains a compound called allicin and it’s potent effects are what make garlic so compelling. Taking a garlic supplement or simply crushing, or chopping up some raw garlic and adding it to water is effective.
4. Elderberry is the herb sambucus that is rich in flavonoids and anthocyanins. These antioxidants help lower inflammation in the body and have anti-aging effects on your cells. This flowering herb also contains vitamin C and zinc which is a boost to your immune system. You can take elderberry sambucus in liquid or capsule form and make sure its organic.
5. Echinacea purpurea is a herb also known as the coneflower, it is rich in polysaccharides and flavonoids, which help boost the immune system and fight inflammation in the body. It is best to take echinacea at the onset of a cold. You can take a good organic echinacea supplement in tea, liquid, or capsule form.
6. Hydration is key when your sick. During an illness the body increases its core temperature, and in this process if you don’t hydrate enough you can become dehydrated. Drinking fresh green juices made with celery, kale, wheatgrass, and dandelions, or sipping lemon water, and tea is best when your sick.
7. This last, but most important thing to do is not a natural remedy, but rather a natural part of well being and that is sleep. Sleep is the time when our body repairs itself and is crucial to aide in our healing. Do not push or exert yourself through an illness, allow yourself to rest. Your body knows best and its always working to heal you, so when your tired don’t fight it, get your rest.
Next time you are feeling under the weather try incorporating these remedies into your life and notice how it can make a difference in the way you feel.
Until next time,
Im wishing all of you good health, happiness, and love.